Some universities have forwarded priority areas of interest, but applicants are not limited to the listed fields or universities.
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras (UNAH)
UNAH is currently placing priority on engineering programs: industrial engineering (operations management, quality and productivity, automation and information technology, integrated quality systems, entrepreneurship); electrical engineering (telecommunications, renewable energy); civil engineering (environmental engineering, water and hydraulic resources, structures, transportation, mining engineering, renewable energy, geotechnics); systems engineering (computational sciences, cyber security, software engineering); mechanical engineering (computer assisted mechanical design, renewable energy and energy efficiency, materials science); chemical engineering (environmental engineering, biotechnology, water); agro-industrial engineering (food technology, agribusiness); agricultural engineering (agricultural production, vegetable protection, aquaculture, zootechnology, agrotechnology); forestry engineering (forest management and structuring, forest industries, agro-forestry for food security, silviculture). UNAH plans to open programs in biomedical engineering (electronic design, telemedicine).
UNAH also welcomes scholars and professionals in the following fields:
• The Faculty of Sciences would like to update the physics program, mainly in computational physics, and to develop research standards in economic, astronomical, fluid, chemical, solid state and metallurgical physics.
• The Faculty of Economic, Administrative and Accounting Sciences would like to create an office for promotion of exports for micro, small and medium enterprises, including the technical study and project implementation for its creation. They also seek to further develop the undergraduate programs in international marketing, business data processing and economics. Finally, one objective is to bolster the post-graduate programs in computer science management and telecommunications management.
• UNAH seeks to strengthen undergraduate and post-graduate programs in sociology and public policy, focusing on contemporary sociology, social change and development and political economics and critical thinking.
Universidad Pedagógica Nacional Francisco Morazan (UPNFM)
UPNFM welcomes support for undergraduate programs in natural sciences, math, commercial, technical industry, food technology, food and nutritional security, preschool and special education, educational advising and counseling, education management and administration, social sciences, humanities, language education and physical education. Other strategic areas are post graduate programs in education management, curricula, human rights education, educational math, natural sciences, technological education, administrative and financial management, gender studies, educational research, geography, physical education, languages (Spanish, French and English) and library sciences. UPNFM has defined five areas for research: national education system, teacher education, education management and quality of education and the university.
Universidad Nacional de Agricultura (UNAG)
UNAG seeks support in statistics and creating experimental designs for research in agronomy, food technology, natural resources, veterinary medicine and agribusiness management. The veterinary medicine program is new to the university, so they are looking for experienced professionals in image diagnostics (radiology, ultrasound, others), care and surgery of bovines, equines, cats, dogs and wild species.
Universidad Politécnica de Ingeniería (UPI)
• UPI welcomes scholars and professionals to teach and enhance the undergraduate programs in civil engineering, computer and communication technologies engineering, environmental engineering, financial engineering, industrial design engineering, and surveying and registration.
• UPI plans to implement new programs in motion picture and television engineering and renewable energy engineering, as well as associate programs in financial information technology and graphic design.
• For Masters programs, UPI seeks support in environmental and sanitary engineering and in mining management.
• For certificate programs, UPI seeks support in design, development and implementation of programs in social entrepreneurship and scientific research.
• As support for all programs, UPI has projects in applied linguistics (teaching of English as a second language) and library sciences.
• Scholars are welcome to advise in student counseling and well-being and in the university’s student-run radio station.
Universidad Católica de Honduras (UNICAH)
• UNICAH seeks support in establishing a new post-graduate program in the fields of computer science engineering (hardware and software technologies, mobile programming, information systems auditing and security). They are looking to develop a new post-graduate program in industrial engineering.
• UNICAH aims to implement masters programs in management, international business and social responsibility. Additionally expertise is sought on curricular design for a Ph.D. program in psychology as well as certificate programs in research methodology and multivariate statistics.
Universidad Tecnológica Centroamericana (UNITEC)
UNITEC welcomes scholars and professionals in:
• Curriculum design based on competencies for development of new academic programs or reform/update existing programs.
• Entrepreneurship: review current content, contribute to design and creation of business incubator and a financial product for new enterprises.
• Immigration studies: to collaborate in study of Honduran immigration to the United States.
• Social protection systems: to collaborate in creating a comprehensive social protection system for Honduras.
• Telecommunications engineering
• Biomedical engineering
• University outreach and university social responsibility
• Economics and Enterprise Ph.D. program (teach)
• Communications Management Masters program (teach)
• Public / global health with specialization in mental health or occupational health education and promotion
Escuela Agricola Panamericana - Zamorano
The Panamerican Agricultural School in the Zamorano Valley of Honduras is host to an international faculty and student body. Zamorano welcomes professionals and scholars to teach undergraduate courses, to impart seminars for students and faculty, assist in curricular development, to advise students, and to combine teaching a seminar with own or collaborative research under the teaching / research option. Specific areas of interest are:
• Environmental management
• Sustainable local development
• Climate change adaptation
• Disaster risk reduction
• Indigenous leadership
• Women leadership
• Forest exploitation
• Agricultural sciences and animal production
• Agribusiness administration
• Human nutrition and food security
• Audits of renewable energy
• Research and research support - conduct research in any area of interest of the university; collaborative research and publication with local scholars is also encouraged; research the current senior capstone project process and assist in revising the process and conducting workshops with faculty.
• Curriculum, instruction and assessment - deliver lectures, seminars or workshops to professors and assist in curriculum development in any area; advise and train faculty regarding appropriate, techniques teaching and assessment techniques at the course, program, and institutional level; advise the curriculum mainstreaming oriented issues such as climate change, university social responsibility, sustainability of production processes, among others aimed at local socioeconomic development.
• Psychology, social work, student services - to conduct research projects regarding students’ holistic development through a curricular component focused on personal formation, leadership and values; organize and offer workshops, focus groups, and other activities as necessary; conduct research, conferences, workshops, or other necessary activities to issues of vocational guidance, student counseling and academic support to students.
Universidad Tecnológica de Honduras (UTH)
Universidad Tecnológica de Honduras currently has eight campuses. UTH welcomes scholars and professionals to support the following programs:
• Undergraduate: marketing, business management, public relations, industrial relations, international commerce, tourism, law, finance, accounting, information systems engineering, industrial production engineering, electronics engineering, commercial engineering, textile engineering.
• Masters: human resources, finance, commerce and marketing, international commerce, tourism, transportation, business management, financial direction, penal law, civil law.
• Doctorate: management administration.
Universidad Nacional de Ciencias Forestales (UNACIFOR)
The National University of Forestry Sciences is located in Siguatepeque, Comayagua. It is a public institution focused on training students in conservation and sustainable management of forest ecosystems in Honduras and Latin America. UNACIFOR manages a couple of experimental stations in the Department of Comayagua and the Lancetilla Botanical Garden in Tela, Atlantida. UNACIFOR's offers degrees in forestry technician, forestry engineering and a Masters in Community Forestry. UNACIFOR has a strong focus on research.