Open to qualified U.S. higher education administrators
Additional Qualification Information
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- International education administrators (for example, foreign student advisors, study abroad advisors and foreign student admission officers) or
- Senior-level university administrators (deans, vice presidents, provosts and presidents) whose current role includes a substantial responsibility for enhancing the international dimension of their institutions
- Affiliated with a two- or four-year college, university or a nonprofit international education exchange organization;
- Minimum of five years of full time work experience in the field of international education at the time of application.
Preference given to applicants:
- Without significant professional visits to Japan in the last five years; and
- Who indicate an institutional interest in increasing the number of Japanese students on their campus
Directors of English language programs and instructors in such programs are not eligible.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate that these criteria have been met (in the curriculum vitae/resume and/or the project statement) in order to be considered eligible. Applicant's institutional statement should include the number of Japanese students currently on home institution campus.
This award is considered an institutional capacity building grant. Applicants are encouraged to consider the needs of their home institution, and how the institution will benefit from this program--this can include sharing knowledge and demonstrated commitment to the long-term process of facilitating and building exchange opportunities with institutions in Japan.